Friday, December 5, 2014

Passion



noun  
"a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything"

A while back two of my cousins were having a conversation about pursuing their dreams, and one of them said "write a bucket list." I heard about this little bit of wisdom and decided a bucket list would fulfill my every dream, and immediately began jotting down ideas on my "brief moosages" notepad. 

Poor, naive, optimistic me. Have you ever sat down to write a bucket list before? Sounds easy, right? Maybe if you're one of those special people that actually know what you want to be when you grow up. It was like someone had just asked me to build them a house. I wouldn't even know where to start! I need nails, right? Some wood? Yeah. My shopping list for building a house is almost as pathetic as my bucket list. 

You know how you see those crazy people camped outside their favourite store, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the next overpriced gadget? Yeah, I used to laugh at them too. Okay, I still laugh a little, but at least those people have a passion for something! I don't think I've ever felt that passionate about anything in my life. I'm secretly jealous of people who are that passionate about phones. Could you imagine how excited they get about the big things, like eggnog. 

So then I asked myself what I would do if I won millions of dollars. What would be my big impulse buy. The answer? Art. I would fill up my house with beautiful paintings and sculptures. I would spend my days learning about drawing and art history. I would marvel at the beauty of nature, as I flew around the world in my private jet. I'd only be a little bit pretentious, I promise! 

#1. Make something beautiful and sell it. 

Now, why would I want to make something, only to sell it right away? There is absolutely nothing more flattering than some stranger offering you money for something you created. They like it so much, they're willing to pay you their hard earned (or borrowed) money. 

Now that is worthy of a bucket list.





1 comment:

  1. Going to try and add a comment.. I love it when you do that with mine but I think it is hard.. wish there was a like button!

    Glad to see you back writing.. I love it!

    What are you working on these days? How about a picture of some of your artwork? Would love to see it on paper!

    Love you Sar!

    ReplyDelete